Saturday, May 20, 2006

lovemarked ...

I urge you to live a life
worthy of the c a l l i n g you have received.
Be completely humble & gentle; be patient
bearing with one another in LOVE.
eph 4:1-2


I know I am plucking a verse up from the rest of the chapter. I might even twist it around in the light to capture a different color. But here goes it ....

'I urge you to live a LIFE worthy to the CALLING you have received' ...
What are you called to do? Is it to be a father? or a mother? or a wife? or a husband? or just plain ol singlehood? Yes, these are callings. Professions like being a pastor or a teacher or a missionary or even your ordinary job are callings too, but have you really thought about who you are as a person is a calling?

I have to be real serious with myself. I am single and there are no little sailboats on my horizon. I must live my life worthy of what the Almighty has given me. He has given this girl a life of singlehood. I am going to live it fully alive as He would want. Sure I cannot hide my wishes and aches. He knows them quite well. He has heard all my sighs and groans.

It is hard to be patient when you are judged by others for this calling. I will do so with head held high. Of late I find myself pigging out on how to perfect my touch. I am trying to reach out and speak with love. How cool is God to have brought this verse to me. These words end with the importance of love. Being His child means to be lovemarked. The only way to live up to the worthy of my calling is to make sure my actions and my touch are soaked in love ...

love tank: quality time

No comments:

Post a Comment