Wednesday, March 05, 2008

quickly, sweetly, completely ...

I was listening to a speaker talk about what he learned from McDonald's playland in disciplining children. He had a phrase that spoke to the adult in me! Do you obey quickly, sweetly, and completely? Oh, that is one thing we never outgrow! All through our lives, we have choices. Do we do it God's way or our way? But, it does not stop there... it is how we obey - how we do it God's way!

I feel a moving in my heart to make God smile. This is a best way to do so...

So what do I do when He asks me to wait? arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I am sooooo lame. I trudge through muddled thoughts, cry myself to sleep only to wake with a cry-hangover, and devise self-plans that go awry. Why can't I just stop striving and let Him? A better question is what would happen if I stopped striving, stopped trudging through the past, stopped crying myself to sleep, and stop with the question and answers over what I cannot get back or change? What would happen if I started enjoying my alone journey and put my hand in His?

Not only would He be smiling, but so would I!

obedience

No comments:

Post a Comment