Saturday, March 15, 2008

a March beauty ...

Winter is going and Spring is coming. It is the middle march of seasons. There are still crusty snow piles in parking lots all over town. The one behind my jeep is still there so I am backing out of my parking space on edge so that I don't back into other cars. The sun has been out the last three days. The snow not lucky enough to be in a pile is gone and instead is the yellow brown grass. It doesn't seem usual if my memory serves me correctly. In the past it seems that there is a bit of green mixed in and not such a harsh dead color. Wednesday after fueling up (too numb to shed tears - might as well just stuff 50 dollar bills into the tank!), I had my jeep washed. Woo hoo, amazing to see the brillant Patriot blue shine through again! But to top that, when I parked for the day at my place last night, my eyes stopped in their tracks. I was captured by the pale purple white crocuses blooming along side the apartment house!!!! I looked to see if the black truck was parked. Shucks! The man neighbor is home. I can't take a pix of the endearing flower; they sit in front of his closed blinds.

Ahhhhhhh, crocuses - a March beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment