Monday, March 03, 2008

the table test ...

I have to admit that I am quite a misfit and carry a tad bit of anger about boys and the games they play on us girls. I would really like to get over this because I think it is the next thing I am to learn about the relationships between the sexes. I don't think I will get much of an audience or much of a conversation calling it boy games. Plus, it isn't the kind of language to use if I really want to get this.

I moved my mind back to what I believe relationships are and then maybe I can make a better map as I move out. I believe relationships are best pictured as tables. A relationship is whatever you bring to the table. Yes, you maybe hiding things under the table or you just might be hiding out on fancy chocolate in your cupboard and there is no way you will be sharing at the table, but you can only work with what is brought to the table. So they bring junk food or toxic food, it does not mean you sit down to eat it. You choose to get up and not partake.

I will not use aloof or running away when it comes to guys and their advances. I will say that you must test them on everything they say. Make them toe the line and do not let them get away with anything. If they say they are going to do something like call or txt or email etc, let them do it. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE pursue it. If they fail, they fail and you move on. If they engage, you can and should engage back especially if you like them. Always go about it as a test. You deserve to be treated as a beauty that God has made because you are. That means they should respect you and not play with your heart.

Being a beauty, you should be treated with pure thought and pure motive. That means you should never allow him to talk to you in a sexual matter. Be strict. Any little crass talk or even wanting a photo can lead you right through the mud. This is trash and you do not eat trash. Be as pure as you can be.

In my past I was criticized for being too aloof. I did not know how to change. I think it most helpful and would have kept me more safe and strong in my faith if someone could have discribed how to handle boys with a table picture. You cannot hold guys at arms length. You do have to some interaction and yes, there will be missteps and heartbreak. It might even take years and a ton to tests to find the him, but hey, I deserve the best after all this is a life time commitment for me. One. Not two or three. Not settling here.

A parting picture: He is the cook and the picnic packer. You are the invited. See what he has brought. This dinner you can be as picky as you like. Be very observant. He is telling you about himself with what he is offering to you or hiding from you. Is he looking out for your happiness, your health, and your passions/dreams? This is a table test. Test everything and hold to what is good... I Thessalonians 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment