Tuesday, June 12, 2007

obedience ...

I didn't catch her name but she was talking about 'Pilgrim's Progress'. What really pricked my ears was her simple definition of obedience. I really wished I had learned this catch phrase when a wee girl but I got it now and I want to share with the wee generations. Obedience always brings blessing. Disobedience always brings destruction. Don't get me wrong I know this but this is wrapped up in a neat package and easy to recite and remember.

She was going further and breaking obedience down into three areas:
patient obedience - waiting on God and not on any one esle or thing! ie: If you were meant to fall in love, God would have given him to you. If there is no love, then you don't need it. Ok, that bites! She used the exact same sentence I have used on myself to passify my hurt feelings.
disciplined obedience - thought life - Phil 4:8 Whoa! Another verse I use to keep my thoughts on a higher level.
enduring obedience - faithful - Again, a question I ask myself ... Am I faithful?

I wonder if she will be speaking again tomorrow. I can't wait to hear more! She really reaffirmed the path I am on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment