Saturday, March 29, 2008

setting my mind on things above ...

When it comes to being alone, I just might have stumbled onto my next steps in this journey. By setting my mind on things above instead of setting my mind on the things of earth allows me to think more of the Kingdom and the King instead of striving to have my own castle and king here on earth. {Col 3:2}

I am to be a minister of God in patience and the behavior to do so is by longsuffering and sincere love. There are no restrictions but my own affections. Where are my affections? Ah, here is where I've been suffering. My affections have been here on earth instead of having a sincere love for God. I so want to be content with my journey as God has so designed. {II Cor 6:3-12}

Finally, my noel, my precious gift, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in joy ; and the God of love and peace will be with you. {II Cor 13:11} As I send you good wishes, it too belongs to me.

I will continue to whisper these God-Truths every time weary, fear, and frustrations darken my door. This is calling my King to stand in the door. How can anyone enter at strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house. He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. {Matthew 12:29-30} The enemy cannot stand against the Rock of Ages. I arrest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment