Saturday, March 29, 2008

Old Man Winter vs. Pixie Spring Girl

I was hoping for a nice sunny day for Friday and I got it! The weatherman had been off all week so there was a chance. Thursday evening ended with big juicy raindrops mixed with fat snowflakes then just fat snowflakes amounting to an inch covering the ground. Believe it or not there was thunder in this too.

I love the month of March mostly because I was born towards the end of it, so I have many memories of budding spring even though my parents tell me about the snow when I was born. Yet my adult years March is more the dance between Old Man Winter and a Pixie Spring Girl. One leads and then the other leads until finally Old Man Winter is totally exhausted and bows out, leaving Pixie Spring Girl have her time in the spotlight. My love for March has changed a bit and that is ok. I love this Winter Spring dance. It allows me to wear my winter clothes before I have to put them away. My hands aren't so cold - just cool to the touch! I can also lighten up on the layers. Always nice to let the skin breathe again. OOOO, can't wait for thongs (feet kind). Opps, getting ahead of myself!

Back to the Winter Spring dance - This time of year is the time of my favorite Winter Spring flower and second to my all time favorite Johnny Jump Up - the crocus!!!! Miss Crocus loves the touches of snow and sun. Totally crazy and I am totally smashed over it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment