Sunday, March 30, 2008

Young Bucks ...

This is a book about making child millionaires. I happened to hear the author give three points to promote his book.

1. No allowance
2. Give the child the 'gift of want'
3. Find the child's passion

My initial thought was this is good. I am at a point in my life where I cannot make my passion a go as my profession. If I had this as a child with no fear, I would be doing quite well in loving my work because my passion would be center stage. Then I got to thinking how to do you mix being a creative and making a millionaire with that. A parent must really keep the balance between the two in order not to squash either. A creative's dream can be easily mucked out and just maybe a creative won't ever achieve millionaire status but being successful is the bar to achieve.

I did not have the allowance. I know that I did have the gift of want and would save and save until I got my 10 speed bike. I know I had passions but being from a family of stifled creatives, we did not know how to make our creative ideas profitable. It was something you did on the side.

I wonder how to impart this equation upon my little nieces and nephew.... if I would have a chance to share this with their parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment