Sunday, July 31, 2005

surface vs. depth

I have picked up Nicholas Sparks latest book turned paperback called the The Wedding. When I read books I like to think of the author as a character too. Why did he write this book? What journey does he want to take us on? If the author is a character than I too am one. Why do I continue with the book? What do I hope to get from this book? I also believe that I get more from books that choose me at a certain time of my life.

At this time I am seeking out life, seeking out a woman's life, & seeking out what married life is. (I have many trails I am on! This is just one here for now.) As I read The Wedding , I was intrigued by the leading man's observation of his married life. He had a choice of a deep marriage or a surface one. Now in his fifies, he realizes what he has missed out. He looks at his wife as beautiful as when he first met her. He is now on the path to bring connection back.

Yes, I am not married, but I can't see co-existing under one roof and never really diving into the depths of togetherness. Togetherness is the stuff of married life! Is it not?

This is a good read so far. I hope the leading man truly enriches his life by reaching out again to his wife. I hope it isn't too late.

I like reading Nicholas Sparks. First, because he started his dream in his 30's. That gives me hope that I can be an author at any age. Second, he gives me a male's perspective on relationships. Third and most painful is that he always has a huge twist that rips out your heart. I don't think I ever read his books with out crying in the end.

Love listening to the Country Countdown on my way home from church on Sundays. A new song to my ears was by Gary Allen titled "Your the best I've ever had." Yup, a song about losing his girl. I can't wait to hear it again. I want to know the story.

Speak out loud of your love. Reach out .... hold hands. Life is way to short not to dive into the depths together

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, yes the surprises are soooo the best. What you work for out of sweat and tears make you feel good, but loved ones or good things that just happen makes you stop ... somehow makes you feel ..... special. (lacking the right word here)

    Thank you for sharing this me. Gives me hope and smiles. Very beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete