Saturday, July 23, 2005

Babies & Mommys

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on,"  wrote
poet Carl Sandburg

In each little bundle there is a calling upon that new little heart. Little Passions ready to begin Life's Journey. Exciting Adventures to take them into their most full self. Little Ones to leave the world changed and better......


I am childless by choice. Singlehood has been my path and there was no way I wanted to raise a child by myself. But other more honest feelings surfaced as I walked alone. First I just felt like there was no mommy inside me. There was no want or need for a baby to complete me. I was not drawn to the softness of a baby's world.

As the days of childbearing are entering the last days or in other terms the biological clock is ticking out of time, the need is stilllllll not there! However, a 'Mommyness' is blooming in my heart. I have always been drawn to people's stories. What really draws me is their passions and their dreams. It is like sitting at the feet of a master artist creating a work of art. I like the unfolding. I like the mystery unveiling and all it requires of me is to observe.

A true mommy's understanding of her baby is that it is already package with passions and dreams. True mommys know that she is just one who her baby passes through. The baby is not a carbon copy of her. A mommy is a life-bearer and she nutures, inspires, and energizes. She wants her baby to grow in happiness and health. She wants her baby to grow strong wings because she knows the baby will leave her home one day.

If life had given me couplehood, I would probably had children. However, I am not sure that mommy would be the mommy I have discovered that is just now blooming . Maybe I would have tried to control to much. More honestly because of all my ''mixed up feelings'' I would have been too afraid ....

What is more important now is that I am just a different kind of 'mommy'. I am a life-bearer of a different sort. I coo over those baby dreams. I beam when I see flight......


To be a mommy is just being quiet & observant allowing dreams & passions to flourish

No comments:

Post a Comment