Monday, July 04, 2005

Freedom thoughts...

I am pretty passionate about my country, the USA. I like going back and imagining what our founding fathers, mothers, and families felt like as they were living. Coming to new lands and creating a new place. Worshiping the way they wanted. Then choosing to fight for these new freedoms they wanted to have and living out an "American Dream." The war for these United States was a very long and bloody one. Why do we forget this? Why do our hearts ache to bring our soldiers back for the war we are in now without letting them FINISH the job? Have we forgotten our own young history?

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us....." - from The Fellowship of the Ring chapter The Shadow of the Past by J.R.R. Tolkien


I remember video of the poisoning of the people and animals in Iraq. I was sick. I am sick now of all the negative press on the war. Show the positive action taken. We the people have the right to see the success and the victories no matter how small they may seem. I was sooo excited to see the Iraqies vote! I get soooo excited to see the soldiers talking to the children and working with the villagers to rebuild schools and towns.

It is always our duty to push back the shadows. The price for Freedom is always an insane amount. If it is for good, our first concern should be generosity. It is up to us to decide what to do with the time given us. Sure, I want to live like the Hobbits happliy in their Shire; however, it is the call on every man and woman to make a difference in their world. Freedom is far stronger than the shadows if it is in the hearts of man to have courage and hope and fight to the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment