Sunday, July 24, 2005

O Love

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine oceans depths
Its flow may richer, fuller be.

O Light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in Thy sunshine's blaze
Its day may brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through rain,
And feel the promise is not vein
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
And from the ground there blossom red
Life that shall endless be. by George Matheson in 1800's

I newly heard this old old hymn sung with voices only. It stired my soul like a cooling breeze after a hot day. I am most humbled to be loved unconditionaly every moment of my life by the Almighty Holy God.
A Love that wilt not let me go is Love indeed!

If you can you must listen to Gaither's Australian Homecoming on cd or dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment