Monday, July 25, 2005

signs to the End Times vs. Behavior of the End Times

I am one that does not like to think or talk about the End Times. I would much rather leave it to mystery. Of recent a thought about the End Times popped into my head. What if we are a bit out of focus when it comes the End Times? What if we missed the point when we look so intently at the events and over looked the Behavior?

Everytime I come across a passage in the NT about 'nations rising against nations or about earthquakes, famines, pestilence or any fearful event or heavenly signs' (Luke 21:10), I find verses tucked in like 'you will be betrayed by parents, brothers, and friends, and they will put some of you to death' (Luke 21:16). My heart does not like to hear this! I cannot fathom betrayal from my loved ones. Yet, God says to watch for this. Then I look deep into the depths of my being. Could I betray my own loved ones in the faith? It is a very easy thing to do. Look at Peter and even Judas! This totally makes me nerveous!!!!
'By standing firm you will gain life.' - Luke 21:19
'Keep yourselves in God's Love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to Eternal Life.' - Jude 5:21

So as I feel the 'last days' creep upon me and the foul darkness breathe on my neck, I must keep my words and actions in check. I must exercise love ... I must exercise beauty..... I must stand firm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment