Wednesday, June 04, 2008

pity sakes ....

I heard some one's definition of friendship as loyalty and honesty so I thought I would chew the cud on this thought.

What is loyalty? Doesn't loyalty have a dash of tenacity in the mix? I feel that loyalty has to have a stick-with-you-through-thick-and-thin. I guess I should have listened to my gut when I doubted his ability to share the good and the bad with me or even be there for my own good and bad.

What is honesty? Shouldn't it be the safe harbor to share your fears even the ones that might affect the relationship? I didn't share aloud my fear of his cut and run. Now I have suffered the loss. I should have spoke up. Then maybe he would have to shoulder some of my pain.

Then again if friendship is about loyalty and honesty then I have to call it as it should be - he wasn't a friend because he wasn't loyal nor honest. Whew, that is hard to say! I don't want to but it is about being realistic. grrrrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment