Saturday, June 21, 2008

blogsphere {n} ...

I love the blogsphere. It is an more intimate setting between writer and reader, talker and listener. It is about everyday life and it is about depth at the same time. You can visit anytime because the welcome mat is always out. There is no need to watch the clock and leave before you get thrown out. You can be quiet as church mouse nibbling on cheese and I suppose you could be loud too without disturbing the peace too much. I favor the smaller quieter places of the world. I like depth and really knowing someone dreams and passions. I want no social ranking games. I don't want it to be too loud but just right. I can throw a laugh that echos on the walls but just smiling down to the depth of my toes feels sooooo goood and the blogshere is just the place for me to 'socialize'.

I have a blog I read because she writes so well. I don't care for her world as she made it but I do keep coming back because I want to be encourage to write well. Another blog I read is because of her location and she is a single girl coping with no men. She will soon be crossed off my readership because she is getting a bit to negative and too worldly for my stomach. She was teaching art and now she is teaching first grade, I think. Now for my favorite blogs to read - I love reading this french cook's blog. I can't enjoy the food the way she does because of my food allergies, but I just love how she writes!!!! She has a cookbook! But in her blog her foods are characters and you just feel so much apart of her world. She travels too and has parties to meet her readership! She has been to Perth, Australia and of course New York - job thing. She traveled to the US for a vacation but of course she blogged about the foods she encountered. Pretty cool. Another favorite blog of mine is from a place I would love to visit, Brisbane, Australia. She just moved from Melbourne with her hubby. She started a cafe and is expecting her first baby. She blogs about her life, her cafe, her craft projects, and about her family. She includes small photos and she is pretty good with it too. It is a wonderful peek into someone's life. From her I have learned that while Martha Stewart might be big here in the US, but it is Donna Hay downunder. I have noticed Ikea is big and so is the Oriental touch in their fabrics and crafts. These are a few blogs I enjoy. I see that I navigate those that inspire me in my own life.

I think if someone was to describe my blog it would be that is about enjoying the little things of my life, it about letting go the past and pressing towards what lies ahead, it about learning and growing, it about certain soap boxes like anger, melancholy, abandonment etc, it about my life with God, it is about words and my love how songs and hymns impact my thoughts, it about my passions like writing, painting, pups, creativity etc, ... I do get heated at times and light hearted at other times. Of course I want my blog to be enjoyed but that is part of my need to be liked. It is quite possible to turn people off with what I write. I have to be ok with that just as long as I feel that there is balance of depth and joy here.

Blogsphere is a great place to inhale and exhale...

No comments:

Post a Comment