Wednesday, June 25, 2008

not giving up ...

I love my Rings movies. A huge thank you to a co-worker who lent me the movies and tempted me to read the book. It has been 4 years since. The first and second time I read and watched the movies all I could think of was war. The third year I watched the movies and all I could think of was depression. Now the forth year and all I can think of was not giving up. There were sooooo many times Frodo wanted to give up not just mentally but physically. I know the feeling of being so tired that the easiest thing to do is give up. However, I have never been so beaten up like Frodo. It could be possible that I would not pass the test. I am here and alive. I have been a tenacious lot and giving up is so not my style. So much not my style that I kind of detest the giving up one sees in others. I love how the Rings show worth and honor in the fight and in sticking it out with the ones you have pledged to endure the adventure with.

I dearly love Sam and I feel most kin too. I have to peal my eyes off him and his story to the other characters like Aragorn & Arwen. Especially in movie two, I was very ticked off by Aragorn's eyes seemingly to take in another woman instead of Arwen who had told Aragorn that she would give up being an elf and become mortal. Aragorn who is a warrior through and through faltered with his love towards Arwen. I being a fan of love stories and tenacity was chalking it up that men just play games with girls hearts and here we go again allowing them to do so. This time for some silly reason my heart gave Aragorn a small glimmer of a chance to redeem himself. Arwen promised and pleaded with him to trust and believe in their love. Aragorn away at war I think began to wonder if he himself could allow Arwen to become mortal. But the other side of me is sooooo sick and tired of the guy not trusting the girl. Not every girl out there is going to be a fallen Eve. There are those of us that come from the Redeemed Eves. Anyways! He did pull through and did not give up on Arwen even though he seemed surprised to see her there when he was crowned king.

I am all about not giving up. The book/movie is all about decorating the 'not giving up' with honor. It makes you walk away daydreaming of a day when honor reigned supreme all across the land. Then you are awaken by blares of alarm clocks and horns and rude people. That is way I keep going back to the movies and will eventually reread the book. I want honor and valor in my life. It makes you feel worthy of the life you are given!

'whatever is noble - think on these things!' Phil 4:8 We are made for nobility!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment