Tuesday, January 15, 2008

to understand ...

Tell me & I forget,
show me & I remember,
involve me & I understand.
chinese proverb


.:first angle:.
I wiggled with delight when I stumbled upon this today only because I know this is a truth. I have had a moment in a relationship where I was just screaming on the inside for you to involve me.... It wasn't just for my benefit but for you as well. The only way to be a good team is to take this step and ask me to come in... 'You just do not understand' is an excuse! Stop it! Involve me!!!

.:second angle:.
I feel that I am empathic. I tend to listen and often deeply. I am inclined to go over the moments after I am alone. I truly like to listen. I don't forget... mainly because I engage my own feelings to the intensity that I think you are going through something and try to feel it. I involve myself very quietly and under the radar. I desire to understand... whether or not you let me!

Wow, when I look at it from the other angles like a personal rule 'not to tell others what to do, rather ask', I begin to connect-the-dots. Isn't asking involving another's thought and learning process? You betcha!

a good thinker...

No comments:

Post a Comment