Saturday, January 05, 2008

latter times: forbidden to marry ...

Several times I have heard that in the latter times marriage will be forbidden! Yikes! NNNNNooooooooo!!! Can this be??? They are taking it from I Timothy 4:1-3 "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith ... forbidding to marry ..."

I am an old fashion girl with a verrrrrry high regard to marriage. I believe the marriage of a man and woman two pictures of God's whole reflection - a man being the warrior and the woman the beauty. God designed it so that each has a job to do and together they are a reflection of God. This bond of marriage can only be strong with hard work and the covering of God.

Ok, yes still single here and don't know the trenches and I've heard the 'be glad your not married'. I quietly look away as I roll my eyes. I am not stupid but I would love to have marriage yet as I say that I have to admit to you that when I bring my requests to God, I admit to Him I don't want marriage if it will be heartache and misery. It doesn't have to be! I am not afraid. {sighs}

Anyways I just get super frustrated hearing doom and gloom on the marriage front from Paul. I know he thinks a single person can better serve God than one distracted with marriage. Then here he goes on about the latter days and being forbidden to marry. I know that what Paul has written is God-Breathed, but I just struggle with it.

Here is my grief:
So in latter times it will be forbidden to marry ... so wouldn't it be the best of times to keep a marriage? You know the kind of marriage between a man and woman who love each other and love God and that love just spills over into the world with kind acts. Now I say that is the best kind of preaching!

As I write these things I can't help but reflect on all the broken marriages and lives out there. No wonder the forbidden to marry movement comes to be. Whose to say it isn't here already? With all the live ins and co-habitations? Or take the single population on the rise? Not to mention the multiple marriages.

Hmmm, latter days...

No comments:

Post a Comment