Sunday, January 27, 2008

to hide a doper ...

Mr. Policeman,
Is it wrong to look out the window at you to see what you are up too? First off you ruined the peace and quiet of a Saturday night by loud knocking and threats shouted to a downstairs apartment dweller. There were three of you but I only heard your loud threats. After the two other cops left, you sat there in your car. Aren't suppose to work in twos on weekends? Then when you saw me looking out and dragged yourself up to my apartment with your threats and demanding to come into my apartment to see if I was hiding the her.

You were loud and that just made me boil. I knew I did not have to let you in but you were tall and big and loud. All that came into mind was that I would let you in if you would take off your boots. You said you could not do that. Then you said 'just let me look around the corner'. I let you but you kept accusing me of hiding her.

''I keep to myself. I don't know if she is here. I did see her leave at noon to go to work but I did not see her come back. I don't care if I see her car out there or not. I did not physically see her come back.'' (So she stole drugs from patients at the nursing home and she smokes dope? I am allergic to tobacco so why would I allow her to hide out in my place?')

I wish I could talk in the heat of the moment but I can't and probably best that I can't. I am livid you threw your weight around here making me the victim. If you had a warrant than you could have gotten a key to get into her place instead of throwing your weight around and getting your sorry self into every other apartment instead of hers.

Thanks for letting all the smoke from the 5 smokers that live in this building get into my apartment and make my eyes burn. I have a hard enough time of it when the door is shut. Thanks for making me so livid. What a way to end a very weird emotional week. I think you need to learn to be quiet and observe people. You are lousy at reading people. Sorry that you have to work around criminals, it is sure rubbing off on you.

I much rather live peaceably and quietly. I do not like policemen up close and in my face. You are needed but for me at a distance. I do not like this feeling but because the days are evil I know you are 'just doing your job'. I still will pray for your safety and I will still cry when one of you fall. But please don't through your weight at me unwarrented...

always the concern citizen and I guess noisy neighbor

2 comments:

  1. The wicked man flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion. ~proverbs 28:1

    Hmmm, can there be a way for me to be bold yet not allow the big bad policeman from entering my home? I am not the fugitive nor do I want to hide one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are three things which are majestic in pace, yea, four which are stately in walk:
    A lion which is mighy among beasts and retreats from nothing ... ~proverbs 30:29-30

    Whoever is a partner with a thief hates his own life...
    ~proverbs 29:24


    Hmmmm, I think there is something to the lion....
    I think I can say no, you cannot come in and yet remain respectful to him even if he disrepects me as a law abiding citizen...

    ReplyDelete