Sunday, January 27, 2008

to stifle a craft ...

Help! I just do not understand. The round and rake looms are said to have been around a long time. I had never heard of them until they became a big thing in '05. So what has happened to the history? It cannot just be about the chucky e-wrap. Let me tell you that ain't pretty. My biggest grief is that there are very little in the way of patterns out there compared to the formal knitting. On top of that when I find out there are new instruction books out there the craft stores will not carry them nor do they give the time of day in trying to locate these books. Sure, I could get them online but I will not trust that until I know the patterns are good ones. There was a book that I did find that after looking at the ridiculous patterns, I ditched the thought of getting them.

I have three books that I want I think will inhance my loom knitting journey but to locate them is becoming a nightmare. I have a lead that I might be able to snag one of the books at a local department store. I hope so as it was on there website and it could only be available online....

The three books in question are:
Learn New Stitches on Circle looms by Anne B
Learn to Knit Cables on Looms by Isela Phelps
Loom Knitting Primer by Isela Phelps

If you can actually pick up the book and take a peek inside, then I want to know about the place.

Why is it that this craft is soooo secretive? Let this craft come out in the light of day! Let us be able to self learn and give away beautiful homemade gifts from the labor of our hearts!!!! It has been great with the limited ideas and patterns to see my brother light up over fun baby hats for his little girl. Great inspiration for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment