Tuesday, July 25, 2006

when we cease to love self ...

'We cease loving ourselves
if no one loves us.'
Madame de Stael

Why is this? Well, I shouldn't speak for all better just speak for myself!

I must admit even though I have bucked the crowds' opinion and stood on my own for a long while now, I buckle under when I am not feeling the love or a little attention. { I do not want to have the huge stage but it sure feels nice to be someone's little star. } Lately, I have looked down deep inside and professed that I will LOVE myself. If no one will step up and defind me, I will do so. No bitter attitude here. Only I really should stop lining up after everyone else to belittle me.
What would happen if I decided to be my own best friend ...
. . . to lavish myself w/ attention
. . . to five myself the benefit of the doubt
. . .to cheer myself on w/ the utmost affection & focus?

Hmmm, I just might be a kinder more loving person! more not less!

No comments:

Post a Comment