Thursday, July 27, 2006

tipping point ...

We all have a tipping point. A place where we find ourselves most tender and vulnerable. The edge we trip over and fall into huge black sin. We feel marked ... forever marked ...
The devil I am to resist and he will flee from me, but the lusts of the flesh, I must flee, or they will surely overcome me. ~Spurgeon

Do I trust this? Will he flee? What makes the devil and the lusts of the flesh different? Why will the devil flee and the lusts of the flesh overcome? Is that way the devil uses the lusts of the flesh to make us tip? Can wanting be lusting? Can wanting a little attention get you in trouble in a big way?

Is it possible to find your tipping point before you have fallen into sin? What do you do to keep the 'craving' from overtaking you? Can replacing the this wanting with good clean activity help you flee? What will fill you with joy? What is healthy? What will enable you to fly?

If you don't flee the 'lusts of the flesh, these "false images will bankrupt your life & curse you(Ron Mehl)"
Do believe it, Christian, that thy sin is a condemned thing. It may kick and struggle, but it is doomed to die. God has written condemnation across its brow. Christ has crucified it, "nailing it to His cross." Go now and mortify it, and the Lord help you to live to His praise, for sin with all its guilt, shame, and fear, is gone. ~Spurgeon

When you have sinned so huge that you feel so empty, does the ache go away? Will God delight in you again? If you can't forget and forgive yourself, how can the Almighty forgive and forget?

"Sin in your life doesn't stop God from giving, it just stops you from receiving" ~Ron Mehl

Dearest Heavenly Father,
People think I am a good girl and I believed it true. Now I know differently. I have a tipping point {attention}. I may stand alone and against the crowd, but it gets a bit old. Cravings begin and eat away at my resolve...

You are the Storehouse of Plenty. I ask for Your Special Word to enlighten the way and show what needs to be in the foundations of my 'wellspring policy'. Thank You for the pieces You have show me already. I ask for Your Guidance as I put them together.
~ always Your little lamb


Spurgeon : taken

No comments:

Post a Comment