Friday, July 21, 2006

who told thee?

Psalm 42:9 Why go I mourning?
Canst thou answer this, believer? Canst thou find any reason why thou art so often mourning instead of rejoicing? Why yield to gloomy anticipations? Who told thee that the night would never end in day? Who told thee that the sea of circumstances would ebb out till there should be nothing left but long leagues of the mud of horrible poverty? Who told thee that the winter of thy discontent would proceed from frost to frost, from snow, and ice, and hail, to deeper snow, and yet more heavy tempest of despair? Knowest thou not that day follows night, that flood comes after ebb, that spring and summer succeed winter? Hope thou then! Hope thou ever! For God fails thee not. Dost thou not know that thy God loves thee in the midst of all this? Mountains, when in darkness hidden, are as real as in day, and God's love is as true to thee now as it was in thy brightest moments. No father chastens always . . .

Rejoice even while passing through the furnace. Make the wilderness to blossom like the rose! Cause the desert to ring with thine exulting joys, for these light afflictions will soon be over, and then "for ever with the Lord," thy bliss shall never wane.

"Faint not nor fear, His arms are near,
He changeth not, and thou art dear;
Only believe and thou shalt see,
That Christ is all in all to thee."

fr: Charles Spurgeon's Evening Jul 21

Ah Heavenly Father,
I have found great joy and delight in all Your LovingKindness towards me. I had lived in the heavy tempest but now I walk in the SonLight ... with warm sands tickling my toes. I had been tripping in the dark basement of loniness and fear but now I walk hand in Hand with you. I love Your Almighty Arms. They make me safe and at rest. I am at my best curled up into Your Chest .. { happy sigh } I love You!
~ always your little lamb


Spurgeon : wonders in the deep

No comments:

Post a Comment