Saturday, December 31, 2005

'05 theme: Compassion ...

Each year I create a theme. It is an invitation to invite the Almighty to touch my life in His Unique Way. I choose Compassion for 2005. I wanted to see what I could learn and what I needed for my journey.

Amazing how God works earthly events into His Lesson Plans. The Tsunami, the Shivo case and death, Pope John Paul's death, London Bombings, Hurricane Katrina & Rita, the Pakastain Earthquake, Central America floodings, Hotel Terror in Jordon, Indiana's Colts Coach Tony Dungy loss of his son, and the continued battle for a new Iraq filled my heart with hands reaching out.

With such lost I began to realize that Compassion is the stuff of Life.
1) Compassion is a positive action.
2) Compassion is something I can control.
3) Compassion is a seed the Master Gardener planted in us.
4) Compassion is an aroma.
5) Compassion is a believer's signature.

''As God's chosen people, holy & Dearly Loved, clothe yourself w/ compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, & patience.''
col 3:12

With such huge loss of life a few individual deaths have come forward. Shivo case and Pope John Paul are so universal I will let them speak for the rest of the individual deaths. In the Shivo case we have learned that her coma most likely came from her eating disorder. We didn't know her then only when her parents wanted to keep her alive and her husband wanted her to die. Where is our respect for Life? She was alive. I have worked with severe needs kids. Are we to put all to death if they need help to eat? Pope John Paul had many health problems yet he fought to live out his life with dignity. I know our lives are hard and complicated. But when I see someone work out their journey with softness and fight, I smell a sweet aroma! My heart melts. So what about a little Compassion? What about a bit of Goodness and Mercy?

love a quote: '05 thoughts

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've been summarising the past year, reflecting, looking back, drawing the lessons close, embracing all the year has brought, smiling, and maybe the odd tear too... great writing Keeper :-)

    I look forward to all and more in the adventures and mysteries of love, life and joy this coming year...

    ReplyDelete