Saturday, December 31, 2005

my personal journey '05 ...

This was not a banner year. I lost two things that I thought was God-Given and God-Honoring. One was a dear friendship and one was an issue. I lost both about the same time and found that my voice was being threaten. If someone could see past the skin that holds me together, they would have seen hot flames.

I am 'Joyful one' and there was no way I was going to give up my Joy. So I turned to blogging. I needed someone to listen and I needed to organize my many wild thoughts. Through writing I could explore my thoughts and also honor the amazing journey I have.

My longing for my Eternal Home has ignited. My home here doesn't hold me like it use too. A lot of my wishes haven't come true and in fact have been taken from me. I have been more alone this year and yet have felt the Eternal Presence of the Almighty so acutely.

Really this year has been conflicted: I lost a close kinship but I won with my closeness to God. No one listens to me but I have found more of my voice. I lost my love of state but I have gained more longing for my Eternal Home. I lost my way but Lovely found me and who journeys with me. I lost ground but refound Strength.

Honestly, I cannot tell you in words my feelings for this year.... I guess I hope you see a girl who is joyful and thoughtful ... a girl who is still tenacious even though many storms have raged at her... I hope you see a glow of the Treasure this girl holds dear. I hope that you see a girl who is held by Perfect Peace ...

2 comments:

  1. Keeper ~ you are treasured xx

    May God continue to guide you every step of the way through the mysteries and adventures of 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lovely!!!!! You are treasured right back!!! So true ... mysteries and adventures .... so wild and so personal ... He does give me a lot of smiles ....

    ReplyDelete