Saturday, December 10, 2005

few of my favorite things about him...

1) the 3rd floor sanctuary...
....... The question was posed and we began to mesh together what our dream homes should have. I loved his answer so much this is my top favorite memory I visit often. He felt the home should have all the nice things to foster warm family times. However, he wanted a third floor that was excluded from the rest the home. This would be the perfect place to hide away the master bath and bedroom. A simple big dream that took me away .... brilliant!

2) " n...nip" ...
....... He couldn't sleep and decided to call. With such a time difference it was a gamble that I would be home. He seemed very playfully soft. No deep talks required. The topic happened to be herbs and I had asked if he knew what catnip was. He didn't and he was amazed at the euphoria drug effect it had on cats. Then he said simply I was his catnip...

3) letter writing...
....... Ronald Reagan had died and I was admiring the relationship between Mrs. Reagan and Mr. Reagan. I loved how he wrote letters to her in his handwriting all the years that he could. It was brilliant to me. He said he knew of a couple who met via letter writing. They finally met each other in person and their love continued. I have read stories of guys living here in frontier America writing and falling in love with their future wives. This amazes me. I know its truth... I sent him a million or so letters {wink} and I have two of his .... plus all of his emails ...

4) rice cooker...
....... I made mention about how much a pain it is to cook rice over the stove. He told of his rice cooker and all the meals he makes with his. I got myself a baby rice cooker and he talked me through my first rice cooker experience. With each use it is true the rice doesn't stick any more to the bottom...

5) Australian National Geographic...
....... The first surprise was australian wool socks which I so love in my frigid winters and my feet are thankful. The next little but huge surprise was the subscription of these magazines. I love to learn and I have eaten these mags up...

6) the Butterfly Effect...
....... He said you know that the Bible was written front to back by the same Bloke because He repeats His story all the way through the pages just like the butterfly wings. The same design on one wing is the same reflection found on the other wing. We would share our Butterfly discoveries together ...

7) his soul...
....... When I first met him I knew that he was a believer just by his over all voice. The next time I asked and he said yes he was. Our faiths matched and he inspired me ... and I found myself falling deeper in love with God... I hope I had done the same for him.
/ fr: 2004 /

Dearest King,
I surrender him to Your Ever-Lasting Arms. I am too weak. My endurance has wained. He was such a gift and a treasure. I thank You. Now he has taken his presence from me. All of him I surrender. All to Thee, my Blessed Savior, I surrender all.
~ your little girl


few of my fav things: natural ways to rid of fleas

1 comment:

  1. A true sacrifice and offering to God is to give something precious and treasured to us... The more costly, the greater the sacrifice, the more beautiful the fragrance is to Him...

    ReplyDelete