Saturday, December 03, 2005

the flea list...

I have had pets all my life and have never had problems with fleas until a month ago. My pupinators have sensitive skin and trying to rid them has been an issue. I like natural ways of getting rid of this pest.

1) If I had my way, I would be growing tobacco for lawn use! Yup, that is a tip. Tobacco was used to get rid of insects. I think it would be cheaper than washing the lawn in beer! No, I didn't do it but my grandma has and she has nice grass!

2) Ok, back to more helpful natural ways to rid yourself of 'them' pesky fleas. Have your dog eat yeast or garlic. Yeast? Oh my, their little buddha bellys would be big buddha bellys! Hmmm, next!

3) Garlic ... ok sounds good but isn't that in the same family as onions? Onions can kill a dog. Use citrus oil on your dog's coat. {another reason to grow a lemon tree indoors!} I could do that but not on their underside where my one pupinators has hot spots in his leg pits.

4) Use Eucalyptus. I went to the craft store but the eucalyptus is dyed. Oh grrr, where am I going to find natural eucalyptus here ... I do not live in OZ. {Hmm, wonder if I could grow a gum tree indoors along with a lemon tree?}

5)Last tip is cedar chips. I have this crazy idea to use zip up pillow cases and use cedar chips used for genia pig bedding. The local target does not sell it anymore! However, the new pet shop has it. Guess what? There on the package was written that it is a natural way to get rid of fleas and said how often to change it when using for dogs! My, my, my!

6) Soapy bath drowns the fleas. Sorry boys! I gotta!

7) Vinegar is always my best solution for cleanliness. Washing out their bed and washing their bedding in vinegar is a must.

I know I have strayed from my usual posts but my pupinators are apart of my joyful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment