Saturday, December 31, 2005

few firsts in 2004 ...

1) He rang me! and we would talk for up to 4 to 6 hours at a time. It was like finding a safe place in another. It was true kinship!

2) I sold some of my paintings! I never thought I would want to paint full time because it could become common place and boring. I never thought anyone would want to pay for my pieces. The church bizarre was a bust so I took my piece to work and sold quite a bit!

3) I knit loom! Sorry, I don't know the proper way to call it. When my grandmother was alive and able to teach me, I did not have the desire to knit or even crochet. Funny how age takes you back to creative history and now you want to be able to knit your own scarfs or blankets. I thought I could teach myself to knit, wrong! The directions are in a foreign language! Then comes to making sure each loop is even. Butterfingers!!!! All the rage this year was the four plastic looms and the crazy fun fur. With my gift card and coupon I embarked on teaching myself to knit loom. The instructions that came with it left the loops way to big. I went in search of instructions on the web and found a whole new world that wasn't so new! I am happy making scarfs and hope to make other things. {painting and writing are still my first choice of creativity ... knitting will just be yoga}

few of my fav: monthly thoughts 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment