Monday, December 26, 2005

my touch in training ...

Dearest Great Shepherd,
Sometimes my journey is hard and scary. Like back in 2003 I knew this hardship was for my good. I had found Joy as my Strength. My new found excitement for You has blossomed into more and more joy and love.

Sometimes my journey is confusing and irratating. Like now I have no clue how my struggle is shaping into something good. My beliefs are becoming like concrete. I know down deep in my soul that how I am feeling about the other person is very real and very significant. I know I hear Your Voice yet I struggle because I feel this truth in You but in the wrong according to the other person's experiences and journey......

Thank You for the words of Spurgeon to get me to see beyond the earthly surface into something more Kingdom....
~ always seeking

In the day of trial. Heb 3:8

When you wonder why you are being severly tested, remember the reason does not lie so much with you but with those to whom God will make you useful. You are being led along a rough road. You are being tested and instructed in order to help those whom you will find in some of earth's dark regions.

You are being trained as a hardy mountaineer to climb after the Lord's sheep who are lost in the wild, craggy places. You are being taught to find your way through through the country of depression and despair in order to help lost pilgrims find their way to the Celestrial City. They frequently fall into the marshy places of fear and doubt, and you will know how to bring them out, set their feet on the Rock, and once again establish their goings. {.wow.!!!} The effect of one life on another can hardly be fully known. { amen! } Even when we are able to look back on the completed life, we rarely know how much it has been twisted by other lives. Certainly, until this life is complete, we will never know how much our present suffering has to do to with our usefulness to others. We will never understand how being prepared here, there, and in a thousand other places has helped a fellow pilgrim. fr: "Besides Still Waters" by Spurgeon

Sounds like 'It's a Wonderful Life'!!!!

Spurgeon: my daily strength

No comments:

Post a Comment