Friday, May 01, 2009

the race set before me ...

I was intrigued by the words set in Hebrews 12:1-3 ~the race set before me~. It isn't the race I imagined or wanted. It isn't the normal rat race set up by mere weak men. It IS a race set out by God for me. It is a race that is unknown and scary and something I have put my mind to before but have not put my feet to until now.

However, I need not worry about my feet but rather my eyes. The next words following this set race is 'looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith'. Oh, wow! With my eyes fully fixed on Jesus, I can FINISH this race with my head held high and joy overflowing in my heart!!!

1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3) Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
~ Hebrews 12

No comments:

Post a Comment