Thursday, April 30, 2009

a woman's work place ...

Two weeks ago when I had great angst about my woman boss did I really try to put to thought and words what I have been feeling all along about women in the work place. So here it goes!

I have never truly felt at home in the work place but I am the bread winner so I must I am not into competition and a bit shy. I do not like to follow the crowd nor to I do to well with being told what to do. I cringe and get smaller under criticism. I have always wanted to be a part of a good team but never found one. I am not a leader type because no one wants to follow me. I am a very hard worker and find myself working my best at being left alone. It may sound like I am not a good worker but I know that is not true. I am most dependable.

I have been seeking the Word for clues to my malaise and I keep going to Proverbs 31 for help. She starts off as being valuable to her husband. She is confident and good not for selfish means but in the care for her husband and home.

Now begins with the work that she does. She is able to select wool and flax and is eager to work with it. Now I didn't always work with yarn so I am not going to say a true woman must - no. I do believe that a woman knows what works best in her hands when it comes to what she is good at. Next she gathers food from afar. Hmm, I used to bake before I found out where my HA's came from. I cook but am not confident to have others taste and critique. But I do gather here that she is interested in nourishing her family. She knows what is good for them and what isn't. She also knows the health of family. She gets up early! Well, ugh... Moving on... She is a leader as she cares for her family and her servant girls. Well, lookie here. She has servants to help her but to honestly put it into day's world, it shows that she can lead. She buys land and with her earnings plants a vineyard. She is a gardener. She likes plants and flowers. She knows what feeds not just the body, but the mind, heart, and soul. I love the fact that she has strong arms and works vigorously. She is a hard worker and not afraid to get into it. She sells what she makes or gardens. She likes the trade. She is generous to those in need. Her home is warm and her family are clothed in warmth. Her home is decorated in royal colors of richness. Her list goes on and on.

Bottom line a woman's work is creative, nurturing, home keeping, and generous. Two words? A creator & nurturer. So how does a modern day woman deal with the business world? What if a woman isn't creative but a numbers girl? Can she be a biblical woman in the business dog eat dog world? Can a woman bring the woman of Proverbs 31 into the work place?

I know I feel frustrated in today's work place. I know I am a Proverbs 31 type of girl. I am creative and a nurturer. I like being at home. I like keeping my home but I must work. So what if I could find work being a Proverbs 31 girl in the work place? And what would it look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment