Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembrance ...

Oh how the human mind forgets! Oh how we fail in this important task to remember... It is key in our life journey and our relationships. If we fail to remember, we fail ourselves and others. Without remembering the good, the dark evil thoughts begin to crowd in and all light is extinguished. Today is Memorial Day and with it comes history that we forgot and are reminded. It isn't the big events but the small human parts that made up the whole that usually drags a tear from my eye. We have the flags and the poppy to mark the lives and patriotic song to stir us up again but oh, how we need to mark the Mighty Works and Attributes of the Almighty God.

Here is the Hand of God working in the small bits of our human lives. To us they are huge but to God all of these small bits are orchestrated in the large fabric of His Plan. Each of us is important to Him and in each of us He has created juicy tidbits that make us unique and then He has invited us to take Him on in the Adventure and Mystery He has individualized just for us to grow strong and settled in His design. He marks us as Royalty. Oh how I often feel like a peasant girl in tattered rags because I have forgotten that I am in His family - a royal family.

Psalms 145: 4-5
One generation shall praise Your Works to another, and shall declare Your Mighty Acts.
I will meditate on the Glorious Splendor of Your Majesty, and on Your Wondrous Works.

Some of His recent Wondrous Works in my life:
*Provided me w/ just enough to live on my own
*Giving me Joy in my last unemployment
*Knowing He will take me through this unemployment
*Giving me a job again & will give sight to this 'blind' one
*Knowing there is a Gift in this little crisis for me to yet discover...

As I think on my words, I can't help but fall back on TRUST. When you go back to remember and you declare His Mighty Acts, remembrance is to allow yourself to TRUST that He is in control. Often is shows how distrusting we are too. It is getting back to the simplicity of casting all to Him. It is letting go of everything so your hand can be filled by His Hand. Now that is security... It is also admitting that we just cannot see. Our sight is gone. It is to wait on Him to give sight to our sore blind eyes... eyes new and shining ... with tears of Joy at His Awesomeness....

No comments:

Post a Comment