Thursday, May 21, 2009

acceptance ...

{Sighs} I got word that I got the job in bill of materials even after what I thought was a bad interview by one of my answers. I had been a mess since I got word from the old work place about this job. It was an opening that happened once before and I ducked down not wanting it then nor do I want it now. Only by telling God that this was not my strength and that I would actually have to break my will so that I would come to it with a good attitude did the angst begin to die down. What was horrifying to me was Mr. Potts who won Britain's Got Talent came to my mind. He came to the contest a beaten and broken down man who had been stuffed into a job he didn't like. I don't want my dreams to die out on me. Anyways, I felt that the others who interviewed would get it before me. Nope, I got it. Now with unemployment you have to accept what is offered to you or you don't get paid what time you were off. This infuriates me. However, I have till Tuesday to get my attitude under control.....

from "Bedside Blessing" - May 19 - by Chuck Swindoll
'The secret to responsible trust is acceptance. Acceptance is taking from God's Hand absolutely everything He gives, looking into His Face in trust and thanksgiving, knowing that the confinement of the hedge we're in is good and for His Glory. Even though what we're enduring may be painful, it's good simply because God Himself has allowed it. Acceptance is resting in God's goodness, believing that He has all things under control - ...'
Let us not lose heart
in doing good, for in due time
we will reap
if we do not grow weary.
~Gal 6:9



To: YOU
Date: TODAY
From: THE BOSS
Subj: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.


"Humble yourselves under the Mighty Hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour.

Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all Grace, who called us to His Eternal Glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, established, strengthen, and settle you.

To Him be the Glory and Dominion forever and ever. Amen.''
~1 Pet 5:6-11

"Wait on the Lord;
be of good courage,
and He will strengthen your heart;
WAIT, I say, on the Lord''
~Ps 27:14

Will my dreams matter here on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment