Monday, May 18, 2009

restraint!!!

'Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law'
- Prov 29:18


I have come this proverb often and it catches me in wonder. We are having problems with church and the pastor. There seems to be much about feeling good with God instead of obedience. I just can't help but see that there is no real revelation of God or His Word in the pulpit. It is hard to look around and see so many taking this. What really blows my mind is that the older and wiser (?) ones do not do a thing about it. Dad says that they did do something about in a few years back and that they are to tired to do something now. Dad is frustrated as the power has skipped his generation and has gone to the younger ones who have no real depth and root in the Word. All restraint is off. World ways have gain access into the believer's way. Old Paths have been forgotten...

As for me my choice must remain in the Word and to keep Old Paths...

No comments:

Post a Comment