Sunday, May 24, 2009

whistling in the dark ...

I have been messed up all week and unfortunately it shows on my face and I am unable to speak much. Others were beginning to notice. By others, I mean strangers. This has been frustrating me that I know what I should do but getting there has been a hard to do.

I called my parents Friday afternoon hoping that Mom was home from work early but I got Dad who took the afternoon off. A nice conversation with him has allowed me to get out of my funk and I am quite pleased. We talked about God's plan and how it could help me with my dreams if I should go into self employment. We talked about how our personalities are introverts and how it is ok to speak out when there is something we don't understand if done in respect. Our quiet personalities allow for deep thought and bosses tend to want to hear them. We talked about it being ok to be frustrated at myself for being frustrated about having a job opportunity even if it isn't what I had hoped. I am indeed very fortunate to have this job. We talked that it spoke much about the company wanting to hire me back when there were others to pick from.

I think what tipped me over to the right thinking was that he said it was ok to be frustrated for being frustrated over what I was feeling. He didn't say I was wrong and just that help kick start me out of my rut.

Earlier in the day I stumbled upon Psalms 145 & 146. I am so glad that God makes the blind see. I now feel I have verses to pray on as I go through this time in my life. I have wrote at the bottom of I Peter to go straight to Psalms 100, 145, & 146. I Peter is all about suffering and casting all upon God but through that suffering you definitely need something to whistle on. These Psalms are perfect for whistling in the dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment