Wednesday, August 10, 2005

what do you hear in a voice?

There is a study explaining why men do not listen to woman. A woman's voice is more intricate and melodic. While a man uses the basic hearing part of his brain to listen to a male, he has to use the music part of his brain to dicpher what a woman is saying. A woman already uses her music part of her brain to listen.

I happened to mention this in the workplace to get other views. It was an 'o yeah' moment for a guy who loves music. He likes women voices. He has guy friends that are not really into music and these friends of his express a hard time with listening to girls. This was an interesting notion for him.

I favor the male voice. I like the deepness in their voices when they talk and when they laugh. I much rather be cooed by a musical male voice than by a woman. I do not tolerate those high pitched voices. Maybe I like the simplicity of the male voice. It has a more calming effect than the exciteability of the female voice. Yes, a very interesting discovery for my thoughts.

What beauty is in the human voice. What an Awesome Creator to put such unique details in His precious creations.

1 comment:

  1. aug 16, 2005 update:
    My job often has me answering the phone. Today I had an Australian male asking a question. I was looking for a number with 3 letters in the front. I was understanding him but he felt Iike I wasn't. So he had his wife come on to talk to me. She was Australian too. (I love how they talk!! Beautiful to my ears.)

    What I did notice was that it was more simple and easier for me to listen to the man. The female's voice had more range, more highs and lows.

    Just a simple observation. Plus, I made the correct guess that they were Australian and not British. I've been trying to see if i can figure out the infections. It is much like figuring out the music of the language.

    I enjoy being a student of language ... soooo beautiful and wonderfully arranged ...

    ReplyDelete