Thursday, August 04, 2005

strategy...

As I have roamed the adult world, I have often felt on the losing end of some game. People played games and I didn't know the rules. What seems to work well for others would backfire in my face. I had come to a point that I just was not a player, but something about being played haunted me. Maybe that is why reality shows intrigue me. If I could see how people played the game, I would figure out how not to be duped. I have some observations but this is a continual education. Let me state that I am not trying to learn how to be a player but rather just getting a grip on understanding how to live the best me with no games but not being played either.

Playing card or board games help you with the logical part of your brain. I lacked this in my childhood so I am making up for it now by playing gin and dominoes online. I play against a stronger player and I am always trying to figure out a strategy. I often wonder how the strategies you use in these games relate to playing the 'game of life'.

I have asked my favorite Dino to help me. Sir Thoughtful Thesaurus has suggested these meanings:

strategy≈
  • plan, policy,approach, tactic, line of attack, stratagem
  • - stratagem, trick, ruse, play, wile, dodge, scheme, plot
  • - wile, scam, hoax, deception
  • + approach, method, move toward, come near, draw near, advance

  • As I was looking at this list, I noticed two sides to this word. There is a back stabing darkness to playing the game. Yet, I see words that I like.

    The approach speaks to HOW we conduct our actions and HOW we live our lives. We can 'open the door' and let Him in our hearts. Drawing near to Him and knowing I cannot do this wonderful life on my own, allows me to approach life with the gifts, dreams, and passions that were tucked in my little heart when I was created. So whatever my life journey deals to me, I know my Warrior God has gone before me. He knows what lies ahead of me. He then walks with me through the journey. (Duet 31:8) He beams when I come near Him. There is delight in His eyes, quiet assurance in His love, and pure voice in His singing over me. (Zeph 3:17)

    drawing near is my best strategy ... not scared anymore!

    1 comment:

    1. you are soooo right on, rumplesdoodles! I have been battle scared from my professional side of life. politics are everywhere. I just feel sooo slimmed!

      Even though I have been His awhile, it is just the past 3 years I have found the Joy of the Lord is truly a strength. (Neh 8:10) It has changed my HOW.

      I still had a twitching thought about stategy. The only way I totally get it is by pushing my thoughts and observations through my brain and down my arm and out through my pen. "writing is the art of thought' (lol .. my own quote here!)

      thank you for your encouragement, rumpledoodles. It gives a nod that I was heading in the right direction.

      ReplyDelete