Tuesday, August 09, 2005

move to what you can control...

At moments of great loss you find yourself at a crossroads. You can shrink into less or become more . You fall into bitterness or you can get better . All things are stripped bare and you must deal with your naked form. Your choice..... WAIT! WHAT?!?

When I lost my job and I was in great despair. Here is where I grappled with control . The word control has always left a bad taste in my mouth, but at your lowest no control means no hope. How was I going to be more if I didn't have some control?

I strongly believe that humans must have a degree of control in their lives or it will run amuck. Yet, I wanted to make sure that I fully trusted God in His Control of my journey. So I made a list of things that I truly could control without a mess of things.

Here is my humble list:
  • list my gratitudes
  • make affirmations
  • appreciate what you have
  • be full * be hungry * be content
  • delight & savor in God-Created beauty
  • declare His Attributes
  • claim victory

  • Really doesn't sound like much control. But by moving to what I can control, I found intimate joy. My heart & soul felt true strength. All things felt possible. All things are possible when you draw near to the Almighty One.

    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength. Neh 8:10

    No comments:

    Post a Comment