Saturday, August 13, 2005

the high of hello...

I will be very honest about myself. Melancholy runs deep in the veins of my heart. I have been put down by others for it. They always had advice. I found it a personal journey and discovery so their advice had no real benefit for me but to throw it aside.

Shyness is my personality and putting that with melancholy can make it more of a struggle to succeed. I embraced my shyness after failing miserably at being outgoing! However, I do not want to have melancholy to rule my life. So I found a small little trick that works for me both at engaging others and uplifting my heart.

HI! or hello! are powerful-punch-packing words! I have opened up conversations with others and have found out wonderful little things about people. And I have brought smiles to their faces and to mine. Sometimes there are no conversations just this little ritual of sunshine that over time have lead to a sparkling conversation of weather or creation or to a budding friendship.

The power of hello has lead this shy melancholy girl to a more sunny listener. Not being a morning person, she gets a powerful 'hi' from this trick than from a huge dose of caffiene. This girl has found she can hold her own and even has a kind hearted bit of wit. love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment