Wednesday, April 29, 2009

looking forward ...

I've been a funk and I know better. I do think it is a process to travel through and to get my bearings for the new terrain. You can prepare and thought you have traveled this spot once before, but it still acts new and it is like processing a death. All deaths are unique and new. So I can either get more into a funk or be ok and move forward.

God is good at giving me His Word to hold onto. Today Luke 9:62 really caught me and challenges my mind when it seems easier to give into the dark thoughts and immobility they bring. ''But Jesus said to him, 'No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of God.''' I was feeling pretty guilty. More Words & Word Pictures came to mind. I do not want to be a Lot's wife who looked back and became forever a pillar of salt. She outright rejected God's best for her. Instead God wants us to be salt - tasty and light.

I have found a small treasure trove of verses that put your focus in the right direction.

''Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
~ Isa 43:18-19

... forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press towards the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ~ Phil 3:13-14

Let your eyes look straight ahead,
and your eyelids look right before you.
Ponder the path of your feet,
and let all your ways be established.
Do not turn to the right or the left;
remove your foot from evil.
~ Prov 4:25-27

What I need to get back to was the grow spurt I had at my last job loss. I focused on God-Victories. I sang chorus & hymns. I meditated on God's Word. I hope that I shake off this fog and get on with this unexpected home time. I do have a lot to do with my home and with my creativity. Now is the time to sing, talk back, organize, and get creative - oh, and look for another job...

No comments:

Post a Comment