Wednesday, April 08, 2009

the trust factor ...

I've been muddling over trust in my heart for a long time. I felt the underlying issue with a dear friend now gone from my life by his choice was the lack of trust - I think in anyone who got to close. I guess it means he trusted no one. Plus God has spoken about TRUST in His Letter to us 134 times in the KJV alone. It is all over the Word. A verse to sum it up is Phil 3:3 ''Rejoice in the Lord & have no confidence in the flesh.''

So this dear friend now gone lacked trust in people so that is a good thing, right? NO. Just like a believer who is angry at someone or something is ultimately angry at God. So it is with trust. When a believer is distrustful of everyone and everything, they are ultimately distrustful of God! 'He just don't care or this life wouldn't be so hard!'

As a believer our full trust must belong to God and when that trust is in the Almighty, the trust trickles and overflows into all our relationships. This overflow helps in the best of times and most of all, in the worse of times. We are not abandoned in a trash heap of discarded relationships nor are we abandoned in 2 bit jobs when we would rather be living out our dreams and passions. When all is lost, WE ARE NOT. God knows exactly where we are.

Being discarded by what I held as a precious friendship, I could go on being distrustful in my relationships but I cannot. God knows just where I am at and has led me through many lessons that where hard but has given the richness of knowing that I am precious in His Sight and that I am taken care of. I could be hateful and harbor nasty thoughts against this person but I just cannot. I know that even though this person is lost to me not by my choice is seen and pursued by God. God loves him and wants the best for him too. The 2 bit jobs are lessons just as the realtor job he has now that is on shaky ground is God Designed for great things in this person's life even if it is hard and he is shouldering it alone without sharing.

{sighs} I keep on praying for a JOY break through and for his trust issues. We do live a WONDERFUL LIFE. In God's Word an ABUNDANT LIFE! John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have life more abundantly.


Joy in Christ = strength = Rejoicing in the Lord = trusting Him fully = life more abundant

~ AWESOME ~

No comments:

Post a Comment