Saturday, April 04, 2009

fear involves torment...

there is NO FEAR in Love;
but Perfect Love casts out fear,
because fear involves torment,
but he who fears has not been made perfect in Love.
~ I John 4:18


Whoa! God keeps reminding me about FEAR NOT and I love it! This verse is quite intriguing too. I have been dragging out my little box and climbing on top and shouting on the top of my lungs 'FEAR NOT'. I have been putting the FEAR NOT in my circumstances but had not thought about the FEAR NOT in human relationships.

This is a great verse for mommies and daddies to share with their precious little ones in this big bad world. It answers great questions.... What is fear? torment of the body, mind, heart, & soul. When Love is there fear? NO WAY! So he/she doesn't love me if he/she hits me? NOOOOOO. What is perfect love? Child, the question is WHO is Perfect Love? That would be God your Heavenly Father. So if I fear than I am not made perfect in Love? That is right, Child But I fear sometimes... Yes, I fear sometimes too but it is a feeling that I put away by reading God's Word. The torment flees and I FEAR NOT.

I have been putting FEAR NOT in my relationship with God. It is the only way I can turn from fear. ~It is about either believing the Word of God or the lies of the evil one.~ I test my thoughts against this new and power life phrase I keep front and center. Who else loves to torment besides the evil one? If I FEAR NOT, than the tormentor cannot have his way with me!

Why be tormented?

No comments:

Post a Comment