Monday, April 27, 2009

a specific job ...

From ''Bedside Blessings'' by Charles Swindoll April 24th reads:

Be specific in your prayer life. If you need a job, pray for a job. If you're an engineer, ask God to open up an engineering position for you, or something related for which you are qualified . . . . If you need fifteen hundred dollars for tuition, ask for that amount. Make your petitions specific.

He will surely be gracious to you
at the sound of your cry;
when He hears it, He will answer you.
Isa 30:19


Whew! I know that I need to be specific in my prayers but to read this on the very day I am unemployed reminds me that God is in control. I know He has great plans for me ... am I willing to TRUST?

I have been reviewing what I am good at and where my strengths lie. I want a job that is creative. I would love to write but I have not had any bites of encouragement. I do plan to get back to the basics of my English degree and get back to studying my passion. I would love to be creative. My crafts have gotten me no where and leave me discouraged. There is a lot of talk but no action. There is a ton of work on my side with no results. I am great at self learning and works well alone. I like teamwork but never have seen it work in the business world. I love being organize as it allows for work to be done well and efficiently.

I am not sure where that leaves me but I am working out the specifics and resting that God is working for my good. I have to remember that this is the in between time where brainstorming is king and I love brainstorming! When it about staying above the water, it is hard to wait patiently. I am too hard on myself. I want to keep my mind renewed but I want to be kind to myself as well.

Off to figure out unemployment...

The battle is the Lord's

No comments:

Post a Comment