Tuesday, April 07, 2009

enticed? do not consent ...

Have you had a deep think about ENTICEMENT? Isn't an enticement about something you have set as a no in your life like a value or a habit you wanted to break or a food that is a no no for your diet? I was reading along in Proverbs for my daily fix and notice enticement mentioned quite a bit. So I decided to give it a whirl.

I can't have chocolate in my life as I am allergic to cocoa and sugar. It is something I loved and am quite addicted to. It is definitely a huge enticement for me. Just last week the computer guy comes into the office to chatter about something geeky and guess what? A beautiful whiff of chocolate mixed with peanuts filled my nostrils. I blurted out, ''You've been eating chocolate!'' Oh boy, was that ever a ravishing scent!

Ahhh, enticement is something that you have set up in your life as something that is NOT GOOD FOR YOU for whatever reason. I know that I used something that isn't totally dangereous but gives me a horrific headache which means that it is killing brain cells.... Ok, maybe there is danger but it is lighthearted. But God is serious. He warns of enticement throughout His Word not to say NO to His beloved children but to protect them. It is super important to get a handle on ENTICEMENT.

I like to use certain words to help battle 'bad words'. An ABSOLUTE or a life choice are serious words when it comes to my values or good habits I want in my life. Keeping an ABSOLUTE in my life is affirming the hard work in the decision making I did to make my values stick or the experiences I had to go through because I was enticed and never want a repeat. The more vintage I become the more I want to seek God and His Word and the more I want a deep and passionate relationship with Him. He has never failed me nor will He ever. So to abide in Him and refuse enticement at all costs is most important to me.

Word Pix of enticement? Proverbs 7

''My son, if sinners ENTICE you, do not consent.
if they say, 'come with us, let us lie in wait to shed blood;
let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause;
Let us swallow them alive like Sheol, and whole,
like those who go down to the Pit;
We shall find all kinds of precious possessions,
we shall fill our houses with spoil; ...
My son, ....
but they lie in wait for their own blood,
they lurk secretly for their own lives ...
~Proverbs 4:10 & following verses

.. present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service.
And do NOT be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect
WILL OF GOD.
~ Romans 12:1-2

ENTICED? DO NOT CONSENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment