Wednesday, December 31, 2008

wishes for 2009

to be more creative
I have the old standbys and favorite loves of my life like cross stitching, painting, and looming. I am adding yo-yo's! because they are quite easy and just another way to embellish! I have been wanting to make some really cute amigurumi toys but crocheting has been a real nemesis of mine.

I am a self-teacher because I can't find anyone who will teach me. I am at it again being too focused on trying to find easy pictures and instruction for my learning. I have to come up for air and let me tell you, it is not going very well. So here is to taking my time and try, try, try again.

I like learning new things and I have to watch to not forget my first loves and real passions - painting & writing. I want to expand my painting imagination and ability on glass. However, I do want to be more handmade in my gifts and yo-yo's looks like it will help in the area of hair bows and embellished clothes for a little niece of mine and just maybe the big niece might like some too. I love things small and amigurumi is just perfect for this tiny fetish. I guess my biggest hope that I can be well rounded in the creativity but play up my favorite passion as well.

With that I wish to make my creativity my profession or maybe just to have some pocket change or at least get my kitchen back to a more kitchen instead of being overrun by glass. So I am checking out esty.com and making plans! Hmmmm ...

to move more
I already walk every Saturday in the summer if it is a nice day. I do on occasion lift weights for a toned arm but now that I have two dance dvds I really need to use them! An old quote that I love is 'movement is medicine.'

to write more
Now we are talking. I have always loved the written word whether it is a book or blog. I like to write and have found that writing gets out all the pent up emotion and thought that started to bog me down. Not that I have morbid thoughts even thought they are present at times but even the good thoughts need to be expressed and even taken in by others. It is a form of encouragement.

I have been using google docs but I really want to get iWorks so that I can really get into writing and be organized about it without having to be online and have that distraction! I am waiting to see what the job front is doing because it is hard to fork out the mula when it could go for groceries or some other important bill.

Besides online I really need to figure out how I can be successful with my writing and do it. Maybe I need a more organized writer space or maybe I need to really create some writer habits to do every day or maybe I need to really put the focus on words. I have been making white origami & putting God's Words as a why to encourage others as well as myself...

to be Romanced more by God
I have already fallen more and more in love with Him so much so that I really want to dig into His Word and keep my eyes open and receive His Love. Psalms 45:1 & Jer 31:3

to embrace my life & fear not the constant companion of aloneness
Kinda enough said! I am so tired of this duel emotion of this want of teamwork and having to be alone. I have got to make this work! I dig a duet but having to sing alone? help! Anyway my focus is on the above - Romanced by an Everlasting Love.

to have an neat & organized home to promote more creativity
I am well on my way but I would love more storage and more organization. Being tidy and having a space for everything allows you to see all and coordinate things together that you would not have thought of at first. I like a creative imagination and this allows for adult play! It is not just for kids. Problem is that I need some good furniture for the bedroom especially but furniture is pricey and quality isn't found at the local department store. If I am honest my 'craft room' isn't just in the kitchen but there are parts of it everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment