Friday, December 26, 2008

great gain ...

God-ways + contentment = great gain
I Tim 6:6


I ran across this verse earlier in this Christmas season and was thinking how it was an important thought to teach the little ones. In the following verses it talks about be content with the food and clothing and at this time of pinching everything for all its worth, shouldn't the simple things instead of toys and gadgets make us content?

Last night I was reading God's Word for some mental renewing as I was feeling a bit frustrated. Aloneness has been a long time companion even as I try to make homey traditions that one usually does with a little brood of a family and I find my heart always a bit wanting at this time of year. I want contentment to be very deep seated in my life and I wonder if I will ever achieve it.

Why isn't shelter - shelter of family and friends - added here in this passage? It is simple and it is not a toy or gadget. I know this kind of shelter is important as other passages point to like being friendly in Proverbs 18:24 and like be courteous as we are heirs together in I Peter 3:7-8 and like being knitted together in Col 2:2. I know I failed terribly in the sheltering part last night and even as I saw being neglected by others, I didn't get it until I got into my cold jeep and made way to my small quiet home.

I have a mental picture of the man of the house coming home and the wife greeting him as a king coming home to his kingdom. That wife knows deeply in her heart that she wants him to feel welcomed and safe here so that it is a no brainer that when things are tough and heart wrenching out there that he chooses to home and her than work or another woman every time. So why aren't I developing another picture to work out for the knitted heirs? Shouldn't I treat each moment even when I am physically or emotionally hurting as royal moments?

Teamwork is extremely important to me but it involves two or more - again here I have couple thoughts and motives yet I have a lone life. {Sighs} Anyways as I seek contentment, a wish I have is teamwork in my life as I think it would give me the encouragement I long for .... hmmm, another wish!

Great gain ÷ by God-Ways = contentment
Is this a valid ? a thinker ...

No comments:

Post a Comment