Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FEAR NOT part II

I had a big message in my heart that I wanted to share with my family. I didn't want Christmas to go by without putting the focus on the real message. I had a 'sparrow message' for Thanksgiving that I put on white origami sparrows but did not speak aloud. I didn't want this to happen again because it was too big for my little heart to contain. This message was FEAR NOT. A couple of us with manufacturing jobs are wondering if or how long we will have a job. One bro is going to Central America for a week for his master's degree leaving wife and child home to fend for themselves. And all of us feel the uncertain times even though we have the HOPE. When every thing around you is quaking and moving, you still see it even when you are secure on the Solid Rock. So armed with my white origami Christmas trees with a different FEAR NOT verse on the back of each for each family member to read aloud, I was going to speak up.

I did speak up and a sister-in-law who's job was the most secure became a puddle just as the first verse was spoken. She was such a mess that she had to have my bro read Ethen's and her verse aloud. When all the verses where read, she said she had lost her job the previous Monday due to false accusations. My bro is on call back - five weeks or more of no work. We were beginning to wonder if she would have told us if I wouldn't have done this 'fear not' thing. It is amazing how God moves us. She said that everywhere she turns it is God telling her not to fear but to trust. I have been needing to put all the verses together and even some others and email them out so that everyone has the list of verses to fortify their life.

So here it goes:

Luke 2:10-11
''FEAR NOT for behold, I bring you good tidings of Great Joy which will be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.''

Luke 12:32-34
''FEAR NOT, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom. ...a treasure in Heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.''

Luke 12:6-7 (sparrows)
''Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. ... FEAR NOT therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.''

Isa 43:1-4
''FEAR NOT, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. ... since you are precious and honored in My sight, and because I love you.''

Ps 118:6-9
''The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is with me; He is my Helper.
I will look triumph on my enemies.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.
[
Ps 56:4
''In God, Whose Word I praise,
in God I trust; I will fear not.
What can mortal man do to me?
[
Heb 13:5-6
''God has said,
Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you. (deut 31:6)
So we say with confidence,
The Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?'' (ps 118:6-7)

Isa 44:8
''Do not tremble. FEAR NOT.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.''

Rom 8:15
''For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, Abba, Father.''

Isa 35:3-4
''Strengthen the feeble hands,steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
'Be strong, FEAR NOT;
your God will come,
He will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
He will come to save you.''

I John 4:16-17
''God is Love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judegement ... There is NO FEAR in love. But perfect love drives out fear ...''

I Tim 1:7
''For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love, and of sound mind.''

Rev 1:17-18
''FEAR NOT. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.''
[
Rev 15:4
''Great and marvelous are Your Deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are Your Ways,
King of Ages.
Who will not fear You, O Lord,
and bring glory to Your Name?
For You alone are Holy.
All nations will come
and worship before You,
for Your Righteous Acts have been revealed.''

I ended here with Dad saying a prayer for us. It was amazing to see God move and move us together in trials.

I do have to say that once I get a roll on laying out verses, more and more come and fit up against each other... so here I go adding some more verses because it is fine and dandy to say that I will lean but I need some action or I become immobile.

Here is my action plan:

Deut 29:29
''The secret things belong to the Lord our God,
but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever,
that we may follow all the words of this law.''

Deut 30:15, 19-20
''See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His Ways, and to keep His Commands, Decrees and Laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

... I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His Voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life ...

fear not part I

No comments:

Post a Comment