Friday, April 13, 2007

yellow violets ...

I was trying to shake a severely sullen state of mind as I was feeling crushed on all sides. My list of treats started with warm milk, well maybe if I needed warmth tonight to soothe an achy heart. Other treats was maybe a really cool mag on flowers or cottage living with a huge amount of beautiful romantic pictures for me to excape to or get some items to paint up for my show coming in three weeks. Flowers were not on the list but that was my favorite treat of the night.

I went into the local 'fix it' store. My mission was to get corner tiles for my show. I am using them as price signs. Pretty cool if I say so myself. I will be painting my purple flowers on the side and using a dry erase marker in the shade of purple. So it will be useable time and time again. It will look so great on the blue tablecloth! Oh, off on a trail .. back to these rows of flowers marked way down. I think the cold weather had taken them over because the flowers looked a little sad. Pansies and especially violets (johnny jump ups) have a huge weak in the knees effect on me. I wanted purple but the yellow ones had an intense stare and even though I argue that I couldn't because I had no green thumbs, I picked up a small 6 in flat for a buck! They went into small pots I had lying around empty. I was so excited over them because this is a major paint weekend and be kind to me time. I now had inspiration!

Note to the guys:
Instead of getting or not getting cut flowers, try getting them a special plant. Some women are going to soft with rose bushes. Just imagine her showing off her rose garden. Some women are going to go mushy with those bright orange tiger lillies. Some like me will go gooy over little violets and blueberry bushes. Get creative!

Note to God:
Thank You for creating such a gorgeous beauty in a simple violet! Oh, how I love to just look in the petal soft face and try to capture Your Great Creativity in my own human paint and brush...
"I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
Now choose life."
(Deuteronomy 30:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment