Sunday, April 01, 2007

moving in!

I got new neighbors!!!! There is always a sense of dread when there is the changing of the guard but not this one. I've been watching them move in and they sing most beautifully! Yes, they sing while they work! When I hear the beautiful chords I rush to the window and am rewarded with their scurry.

I live on the top floor and there is this bush that has finally reached my window. It is a great flat for my fine feathered friends. I think they are fenches. She is grey and he is grey with red. Yesturday it seemed that she was figuring out the layout and today she brought in some bedding. They seem to work together as I saw them leave together in flight last night. What a joy to watch. How expectant is my heart as they nest! New babies to come! I hope I get to see them eat and sing and take their first flight!

Thank You, most Beautiful Creator! I am super excited a this beautiful gift of life and of joy! How Spring like! How God-like! Oh, so true. Earth is crammed with the stuff of Heaven!! Thank You for 'expecting' and the mystery!

1 comment:

  1. Sunday afternoon I began to worry because the winds had picked up and was making the bush bend and twirl around like a roller coaster. I was sure my new neighbors where going to pack up and move else where. Then I was imagining awful things happening to the eggs in that kind of wind... Mom said mama fench knew best and would pretect her own. I remember a bird in my childhood. Tornados where coming but the mama bird stayed in her nest through out that violent storm. I think my mom drew strength from her.

    Monday evening the new neighbors were back! Mr Fench was grabbing hold of my window ledge and earnestly peeping in at me!!! The ledge is so tiny and I don't know how he was holding on...

    They made my day!

    Today the winds are back as well as a fling of winter with bits of snow in the air... no sign of my singing neighbors...

    ReplyDelete