Monday, April 30, 2007

broken blue line

Last Monday they had a one year memorial service for a fallen brother in the line of duty. Then as the wee hours ticked off in expectation of a new day, they heard news that they dreaded. Another one of their own was shot dead while another was wounded on a call of a man welding a gun. - Another typical April night.

Sadly, the evil is stacking up that to desensitize, I turn off the continual coverage the media saturates on air waves. Mass school shootings, Murder – suicides, and police shootings have been racking up the numbers. In defense I have been seeking out beauty and yes, getting lost in my own life as it is very busy at the moment.

I so desperately want to remain sensitive and I don’t want the evil deeds to scab over my heart causing callous behavior. How can I redeem the time as the days are evil? Keep giving out monster smiles and bright eyes. Keep giving out loving attention. Do what is beautiful. ‘To the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet’. Time to show them what sweet is all about.

To Nick – thank you for your service. You are the shield. Thank you for being the blue line.
To Nick’s family – thank you for raising and keeping a young man, father, and friend, dear to your hearts. Wrap up in God’s comfort as prayers surround you.
To us the community – Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand (phil 4:5)

note to self:
Feel the numbness but don't give up...

'O righteous God,
who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure. My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart. God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day. If he does not relent, he will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow. He has prepared his deadly weapons; he makes ready his flaming arrows. He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment. He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made. The trouble he causes recoils on himself; his violence comes down on his own head. I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.' Psalm 7:9-17

I pray the sames words as King David. My eyes will stay on You. The enemy is a thief and I will not let steal my joy or my sensitivity.
~always Your little girl


living in contrasts
don't take the girl

Nick is resting beside Scott. They worked together and are laid to rest together...

No comments:

Post a Comment